Monday, October 08, 2007

All Our Whining and Where Does It Get Us?

Sunday October 7th
Reading 1
Hab 1:2-3; 2:2-4

How long, O LORD? I cry for help
but you do not listen!
I cry out to you, "Violence!"
but you do not intervene.
Why do you let me see ruin;
why must I look at misery?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and clamorous discord.


Isn't this just like us - whine, whine, whine, whimper, whine, whine!

Then the LORD answered me and said:
Write down the vision clearly upon the tablets,
so that one can read it readily.
For the vision still has its time,
presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint;
if it delays, wait for it,
it will surely come, it will not be late.
The rash one has no integrity;
but the just one, because of his faith, shall live.


Wow, "The rash one has no integrity..." and what is integrity anyway, as I go stomping off to continue my whining.

No comments: