Monday, August 20, 2007

Pullman's Atheist Story for Kiddies

Coming to a Theater Near You ...
Tom Peters, at American Papist, gives the low-down on the atheist children’s story, The Golden Compass.

Co-star and big name, Nicole Kidman, denies that it denigrates the Catholic Church in any way: "I was raised Catholic, the Catholic Church is part of my essence," Kidman said.

"I wouldn't be able to do this film if I thought it were at all anti-Catholic."

Yet Christopher Blosser wrote on all of Philip Pullman's trilogy, "His Dark Materials," giving a broad array of reviews (Amy Welborn, et al) warning of this author's influence as early as 2004. An important review.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

"Part of my essence"????

Ms Kidman would be better off if she made her Catholicism part of her LIFE!