Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Cursillo Prison Weekend for Aramis

Matthew 25:35-40
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.'

Then the righteous will answer him and say, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?'

And the king will say to them in reply, 'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'


My wife and I will be away this weekend participating on a prison Cursillo weekend. Though we have done a number of 'street' weekends, this will be our first Cursillo team expereience behind bars. Our local Cursillo community has been going into prison some 12 or 13 years. The candidates in the correctional center, as well as everyone on the team, could use your prayers. May the Holy Spirit penetrate all our walls and defense mechanisms to fill our hearts with His Love. Please pray for the guards and all staff personal as well.

Assuming that I behave and they let me out I will try to let you know how it goes the first of next week.

DeColores

1 comment:

Athos said...

Beautiful work that you and Lady Aramis are performing! May the Holy Spirit work wonders through you and the men's and women's teams this weekend, friend.