Tuesday, April 29, 2008

For All You Do - Thank You

Home Again - A Front Room Window

After five days of expert care in one of northern Virginia's finest hospitals, I am happy to announce that I am now home. The doctors, nurses, and staff were superb and I am grateful for the way God used them as instruments of healing; I would, after all, like to keep this matter in the form of a human being, imago dei, for quite a while longer time to come.

Besides the kind and loving support of Lady Athos and our younger son (our elder son being on a tight work-log at Best Buy), it was a privilege to have a visit from Dawn Eden who took a moment out of her busy (some might say hectic) schedule to visit my room yesterday and bring some reading material along too. Thanks, Dawn!

I was doubly blessed to have both Sister Mary Jo and Father Dan Hanley from St. James Parish bring Our Lord to me on Sunday - I need all the Grace I can get -- and the Rosary blessed by Pope Benedict XVI is in use for Christendom and for the blessing of "offering up" this experience however Heaven may choose.

The prognosis looks good: no radiaton or chemotherapy needed, but a 4-6 week recovery period and keeping close tabs on things, as they say. Lady Athos says I have about fifteen inches of incision, so I won't be doing my arched-back sit-ups or other exercise regime for some time (drat). Yet I have the astonishing good luck, or providence rather, to have a fellow Mass'keteer who preceded me on this adventure in brother Aramis. And I will lean on him and his experiences to inform me of what to expect and how to proceed.

Thanks to all for your prayers and daily intentions. You are of inestimable blessing and help.

2 comments:

David Nybakke said...

Hey, alright, our faithful leader home already. That's great.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you before, but you need to make sure you have a supply of very loose fitting trousers. You must think comfort at this point in recovery.

BTW, did you get a visit from St. Francis? If not, we might have to put a trace on him because you know how easily he gets distracted.

Athos said...

No visit from St Francis, Aramis, but I get what you mean re: the trousers.

Still trying to get along without percaset, which shd take a while, alas.

Still, it's nice to be home and away from the beeps, bright lights, and night time interruptions to give me something to help me sleep better. Cheers