Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Afraid? Interesting that you would ask

Afraid of God or Fear of God?  What a great question that my dear friend Athos poised from something Ronald Knox wrote - read it in THIS post.  I am not sure my friend was tracking where this quote of Knox takes one - so I felt I had to post where reading the quote led me, and that was to A Little Guide for Your Last Days!

I don't know of too many people who do not struggle with what Knox writes: we are afraid of God, which is not at all what the Bible means by "fearing God".

There are of course many different angles to approach this notion of our being afraid however Athos, in this book, leads us through all the false premises - while not mincing words but with his pastoral spirit he opens our eyes to this mystery that is a part of each and every one's life.

Amazing that in a few pages Athos helps us to recognize just how our antennae has become rusty and fallen over and he comes with a tool kit showing us how to straighten out our antennae so as to be able to receive God's unconditional Love allowing us to humbly enter into a state of grace.  Reading this book made me realize the importance and our need of being in this state of grace at all times and not waiting to trip over it at death's doorstep.

Thank you Athos.

Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno

1 comment:

Athos said...

I learn so much from you, brother Aramis, it's about time I can turn about fair play! Cheers/blessings