Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Saint Philip Neri and Johns Hopkins

"Let me get through today, and I shall not fear tomorrow."

"A joyful heart is more easily made perfect than a downcast one."


My students had left the classroom yesterday afternoon and I was getting things ready for the substitute teacher who would be coming in this morning. I always write the name of the saint of the day above the schedule for the day on the white-board, so I looked it up. St. Philip Neri. My Confirmation saint's name.

What a great companion for today when I drive up to Johns Hopkins to see an oncological surgeon about a (possible) resection for my liver. I could not have asked for a nicer "coincidence" of Providence.

UPDATE: I will be having a liver resectioning in the next 2-3 weeks, and chemotherapy to follow. No sympathy, please. Prayers appreciated. Cheers

No comments: